The combustion temperatures and thermal combustion energies of metal dusts far exceed those for other types of dust. In the case of an explosion, the temperature can reach approx. 3000 °C (5400 °F) and can cause devastating damage when combined with the sudden pressure wave.
Explosion safety for companies in the metalworking industry is therefore difficult and expensive, especially for machines used indoors. Until recently, most companies in this sector have used wet separators in order to prevent explosions. However, the resulting sludge is not only difficult to handle but also expensive to dispose of correctly.
Q-Rohr® is the world’s first protective system for flameless explosion venting to be certified for metal dusts in accordance with EN 16009! It is THE cost-efficient solution for indoor explosion safety in the metalworking industry.
Expensive and complicated safety systems are no longer required. Q-Rohr®allows companies to focus once again on finding the optimum plant layout for their specific production processes.
Q-Rohr® requires only a quick, visual inspection and no regular maintenance – thus offering on-going cost savings.
The special stainless steel mesh filter inlet developed by REMBE® cools the hot flame gases (up to 3000 °C (5400 °F) ) extremely efficiently. This reduces the volume of gas ejected and extinguishes the explosion. The stainless steel mesh filter also guarantees that no burned or unburned metal dusts exit the vessel. It thus ensures the best possible protection for the environment against explosions and their consequences.
• REMBE®is the first manufacturer in the world to be certified for metal dusts.
• Perfect protection of the surrounding area.Guaranteed flame arresting and particulate retention – no hazardous pressure wave effects.
• The complete production process remains in the building.
• No running costsfor the disposal of sludges (wet separator) and filings or for external maintenance. A visual inspection is sufficient.
• The Q-Rohr®is a flexible solution – it can even be used in the middle of your production halls. Proximity to an external wall is not required.
• Integrated signalling unitfor reliable monitoring
• Noise level and rise of pressure typically associated with explosionsare greatly reduced to an acceptable harmless level.
• Process-optimised plant layout
• No external maintenance costs
ATEX EC type examination certificate no.
IBExU 13 ATEX 2085 X
IBExU 13 ATEX 2086 X
IBExU 14 ATEX 2027 X
Meets the requirements of NFPA 68